Social Media Editors are on the cutting edge of social media trends and viral content while assisting the managing editor of social media in updating the Mustang News’ Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat channels. Each editor will be assigned a section: arts, sports or news to specialize in.
What You Will Do:
- Schedule daily posts (writing, copy-editing, and optimizing) across platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Pitch and create original content for social media
- Tell stories in social media-native ways using multimedia
- Collect and interpret analytics for all social media channels
- Cover breaking news stories across platforms
- Stay abreast of ever-changing social media trends and analytics, experimenting with emerging platforms and communities/audiences to deepen our growth and engagement
- Edit posts according to AP style/Mustang News style
- Work with video and multimedia teams to help bring visual assets into our overall social strategy
- Assist the Manager of Social Media with any social media related tasks
We are looking for team players with a drive to learn and passion for storytelling through social media. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
An intern position is also available for those with less experience that would like to learn more and move up the ranks of the team.
Social media team members typically start out as Interns or as Social Media Editors upon being hired, depending on experience.
Compensation for Social Media Editor: $50/month
Interns will not be compensated
In addition to the application, please include sample social media copy for Facebook and Twitter for one Mustang News news story, one sports story and one arts story below your cover letter.