The Photo Editor coordinates all photos for Mustang Media Group, across our platforms. The editor will work to ensure photos are always of the highest caliber and that each photo accurately reflects the editorial content it is paired with. Working with section editors, the Photo Editor is expected to constantly be informed of news, arts and sports events happening within the community.
What You Will Do:
- Lead team of photographers in covering stories to ensure they are professional quality, accurately reported and well-produced
- Coordinate and edit images from JOUR 352 and JOUR 462
- Work with multimedia journalists to ensure their photos for stories are held to the same caliber
- Ensure the appropriate, non-repetitive photo coverage of news, arts and sports events
- Create and curate photo stories
- Edit photos in a timely manner in order to have the content published across our platforms immediately
- Ensure all content that is scheduled to be published has a photo with a caption, written using both Mustang News style and AP style
- Stay on the cutting edge of photography trends and implement in Mustang News
- Organize photographer team bonding events
We are looking for team players with a drive to learn and passion for storytelling. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
Please email your portfolio to email@example.com in addition to your application.