The Opinion Editor leads a team of opinion writers and provides assistance during the writing process, from developing angles to ensuring the final draft follows Mustang News guidelines. They also produce their own opinion pieces.
What You Will Do:
- Lead a staff of opinion columnists, as well as produce your own opinion columns
- Curate ideas from columnists and constantly be looking for new angles for opinion pieces
- Seek out letters to the editor and guest columnists
- Ensure there is a constant stream of opinion pieces on Mustang News platforms
- Work with platform editors to develop new multimedia/visual techniques for opinion pieces
- Work with columnists on editing their stories, both for content and AP/Mustang News style
- Edit print pages on Sunday production nights
- Attend several weekly editor meetings
- Organize opinion team bonding events
We are looking for a team player with a passion for helping their columnists share wit, humor and valuable insights to inform and entertain Mustang News readers.