Working with platform editors, the Managing Editor and the Editor-in-Chief, the Arts and Student Life Editor leads our coverage of Cal Poly and San Luis Obispo culture.
What You Will Do:
- Lead a staff of arts & student life multimedia journalists (MMJs)
- Curate story ideas from MMJs and constantly be aware of Cal Poly and San Luis Obispo arts and student life news
- Ensure there is a constant stream of arts and student life stories on Mustang News platforms, reflective of the current arts and student life news on campus
- Constantly collaborate with platform editors to ensure stories are being covered with the most effective mediums
- Check in with MMJs daily on their stories
- Work with MMJs on editing their stories’ to be ready for publication at a professional level using AP/Mustang News style
- Use and assist reporters with industry standard software, including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, AfterEffects and Photoshop along with multimedia web apps
- Edit print pages on Sunday production nights
- Attend several weekly editor meetings
- Occasionally create your own content
- Organize team bonding events
We are looking for a team player with a passion for arts/culture, storytelling and team leadership.