Applications are OPEN for MMG Advertising
Mustang Media Group Business is one of Cal Poly’s learn by doing work spaces which employs students from all majors across campus. The entity is made up of an advertising, marketing, human resource, distribution and design team, each led by student leaders. Combined, they have won several national awards in their respective areas.
This is a listing for the Advertising Sales Consultant position within the nationally recognized Mustang Media Group, which includes Mustang News, CPTV and KCPR. Consultants will work directly with a clientele of local and non-local businesses to arrange multi-media advertising contracts with Mustang News and be compensated for their efforts. They are the liaisons between all their clients and Mustang News – they communicate directly with the client to books ad campaigns according to the client’s specifications. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are looking to gain experience in sales and customer service in a fun and professional environment.
Job duties include:
- Maintain contact with all accounts on your list on a regular (weekly) basis
- Prospect and activate new accounts
- Provide consultative services to business owners to see how Mustang News can help their business grow and get noticed by the Cal Poly community
- Meet and communicate with many different types of people and personalities in a professional manner
- Collaborate with designers to create dynamic multi-media ad campaigns for clients
- Report to immediate supervisor on client interactions
- Atend weekly team and group meetings
- Candidate must be self-motivated, personable, and able to communicate with a variety of professionals and business owners across the San Luis Obispo county
- Ideal candidate is willing to go above and beyond minimum number of required hours and client interactions
- Any major is welcome to apply
- Freshman and sophomore standing preferred (or will be at Cal Poly for the next 2-3 years)
- Having a car is a plus but not required
Pay is hourly and commissioned based with opportunities for incentives. You have unlimited earning potential!
To express interest, please email a resume and cover letter to the HR Manager at email@example.com
Mustang Media Group is hiring a graphic designer for the 2019-2020 school year. We are looking for a designer that will be joining our in-house graphic design team to provide professional design for our print publications, digital, and social media materials. Applicants must have design experience using Adobe Creative Suite from a class or previous employment.
- Work 10-15 hours per week
- Minimum of 6 office hours per week
- Some in-office and some at-home work
- Design flyers, posters, promotional pieces, advertisements, and any other graphics for Mustang Media Group and Mustang News
- Other duties as assigned
- Report to Design Manager
- Art & Design, Graphic Communication or related major
- Artistic talent with attention to detail
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Ability to follow branding guidelines
- Ability to comprehend an assignment and proceed independently
- Ability to accept direction and feedback through constructive critiques
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to contribute to a collaborative and creative environment
- Have experience with website management using WordPress
To express interest, please email the following to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- URL for an online portfolio (preferred) or 3–5 portfolio samples in a pdf file.